Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 11 April 2009

Info Post






Wearing a vintage top, skirt and belt, and Jessica Simpson shoes.
For those of y'all that stopped by in earlier and saw my harried post, I'm pleased to say that I have enough time in my busy scedule to documente a deep entry. Today, I had to get up at 7 in the morning for this choir rehearsle. Ugh, it's not fun getting up so early on a weekend! Though the rehearsel itself was actually quite enjoyable, and I got to practice my solo part. Yay! Actually, I'm singing with another girl, but her voice, albeit lovely, can be quite soft, so I'd say it's more of a solo. Haha, acutally it's a duet, but saying that it's a solo makes me feel a lot better!
Apart from rehearsel, I went to Miss Ruth's Time Bomb and traded some of my Salvation Army finds for some LOVELY items. Seriously, y'all need to check that place out! They have some of the best stuff! I got this AMAZING, bold, purple and red flower-print romper, that almost looks like a dress, a strand of delicate silver chain necklaces, a medivel-esque gold and red stone brooch, a very Lolita-esque ruffled quite apron, and this divine black and teal dress with a sweetheart neckline. I really need to drag my sister (who's my photog) into Miss Ruth's Time Bomb so that you guys can see some pictures! The whole place is so artistically arrayed, the dresses and accessories set up like little works of art. At least, it's that way to a fashionista. Most (normal) people would probably just go in and say "nice little vintage boutique you've got there", but to me, it's a fierce and fabulous collection of wearable history, all on a hands-on customer-friendly level.
After that, I watched Peter Jackson's "King Kong", and I must say, I was quite dissappointed. Sure, it was beautifully done, but I thought it was dumb how Ann seemed to be in love with Kong. In the origional, it was the complete opposite, and while I see how she could view him as a friend (after all, he did save her from giant roaches!), she seemed romantically inclined towards the huge gorilla. Boy, she sure had strange taste in guys...Tall and dark, Kong was never handsome.
Oh, before I leave, I have to tell you about the ADORABLE hedgehog pin that my mom gave me for Easter! It's a little bigger than a quarter, and a very bright gold with two sparkling amber-colored eyes and textured spikes. I can't wait to post a photo!
Speaking of photos, I've noticed how a lot of you comment so positively on my photography. While the style in these photos is 100% mine, let's give a round of applause to my lovely sister, Margaret, for spending her time and energy into taking the pictures! =) I can't tell you how many countless times I've dragged her into the backyard for a photo shoot!


Mwah! Mwah!
~Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment