Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 7 April 2009

Info Post
Wearing a vintage dress, belt and hat, and Nine West shoes.

Wearing a vintage dress and belt and Jessica Simpson shoes.

I love this outfit! The dress and the parasol remind me of Katy Perry, while the hat and shoes look like something Keira Knightley would wear. I think that my style is somewhere in between those two stars; vintage beauty meets funky fashionista. For the longest time, I used to spend hours trying to decipher my one and only Style Icon. Was it Mary-Kate Olsen, Keira Knightley, Katy Perry, or Rachel Bilson? Though I admire all of these ladies unique ways of dressing, I think that my personal style is closest, and most copied after Keira Knightley's. For daytime, I prefer romantic dresses with funky accessories, plus we both share the same fascination with hats, and at night, we both like the same ethereal, Faerie-tale gowns made of tulle and sequins. She's so beautiful, but I wish she'd put on some weight. Anyone who knows about eating disorders can tell that Keira sufferes from anorexia. She's so beautiful and young, that I wish she'd straighten up and stop looking like a skeleton. There's a difference between slender and skinny.

After rambling about Keira Knightley, I feel like I should talk more about myself. Well...let's see. Today, being Tuesday, I'm heading over to Miss Ruth's Time Bomb. I'm going to a luncheon and a fashion show on the 18th and I have no clue what to wear. It's associated with a politiacal party, so basically nothing over-the-top creative. However, I won't succumb and wear something that's out of my personal style bubble. I have this peach, vintage wrap-around knee-length dress with a bunch of purple flowers to one side. I was thinking about wearing it with a purple, Lolita-esque bow, but would that be too much? I don't want to look like a 12 year-old. For me, it's kind of hard to dress for spring formal events, since for formal wear, I prefer black and darker colors, but I guess you just have to go with the flow.


Mwah! Mwah!
~Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment