Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 6 May 2009

Info Post









Wearing an Old Navy top, vintage skirt belt and earrings.
Such was the secret code in the Nancy Drew novel "Password to Larkspur Lane". It's funny. After a year's strenuous literary readings, I've found myself turning to lighter novels, like the Nancy Drew series. I don't know what's so great about them, but I've been hooked ever since I started reading them seven years ago. There's just so lighthearted, and full of over-the-top adventure; a nice break from "Heart of Darkness" and "Hamlet". Still, I'm going to miss my literature class. I've had the same teacher for my English class for the past two years (last year, she taught my AP Language and Composition) and school is really going to be dreary without her. I've always enjoyed her class, and the time spent with the students. Oh well, at least there's the AP party to look forward to in late May! It looks like I'll actually be able to go-last year was SO much fun! I can't wait to see everyone there!
Speaking of literature, I have my AP Lit exam coming up tomorrow. But no worries-I'm totally OK with it! I actually love to write, so I'm hoping that this will be easy and fun. Afterwards, Pansieberry and her sister, M, and I are all going to Fairey Godmother's. Yay! I can't believe it! I'm going there twice in one month!
This week has been actually quite lovely, in comparison to the previous few weeks. It's nice to be liberated from SAT studying! On Monday, I went to Goodwill and got: a lovey black silky jumpsuit from a Target GO Collection, a sheer, lacy black tunic top, a pair of floral printed foral shorts, a pair of vintage daisy earrings, and a beaded bag from the 60's. Yesterday, I went to Miss Ruth's Time Bomb, where I spent an exhuberant afternoon chatting with co-owner Ruth. I had brought some clothes to trade, and in exchange, I got a beautiful brown fur stole, a wild, crazy electric blue lamme ball gown fromt the 80's (and oh my, does it look FABULOUS!!), a vintage rose pink nightgown, and pale blue one with a lacy bust. Vintage clothes shoppping is the best pick-me-up in the world. No wait, it's not a pick-me-up---I do it even when I feel perfectly fine! (Love you, Ruthie and Sarah!!)
Mwah! Mwah!
~Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment