Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 9 April 2011

Info Post
Miss Ruth's Time Bomb top; Forever21 ring; vintage Florenza necklace (worn in hair); everything else vintage.
Hello, everyone! I absolutely LOVE these pictures---some of my favorites up to date! My life-long best friend and I (along with one of my sisters) ventured to the local graveyard to do a photo shoot. After coming across several blogspots titled "Witchy Woman" (after the song), I was inspired to do a witch-themed photo shoot. (Although I avoided titling my post with such a much-used song, and instead named it after the Kate Bush song, which is about waking up a witch after being dunked.) What a better place to stage such an event other than the resting place of the dead? I originally had one a pair of black lace mitts/gloves with gold bracelets and tons of rings, plus a couple of necklace, but it ended up looking too gypsy-like with the rest of the outfit. Even minus the bling, I still think this outfit dosn't look very witchy---more like an ancient Celtic princess! Either way, I was enormously pleased with how the photos turned out. It's so wonderful to have such a talented and willing photographer as a friend!
The leather zip-up top is from Miss Ruth's Time Bomb. I love how it looks like a corset!
I actually had just bought the purple skirt a couple days before at a thriftstore. The color is amazing, gorgeously saturated. You can be sure that it will show up again on here!
The crocheted black fringed shawl was inherited from my grandmother. I remember she had it draped over the back of a chair in her house when she was still alive. I always would take it off the chair and parade around on the front deck like a mysterious gypsy. Sometimes the first words out of my mouth upon visiting would be "Where is that shawl?!?! I want to wear it!!!" (Come on, I was like ten!) Ironically, now that I actually own it, I don't wear it that much. However, with the bohemian look so en vogue at the moment, it might see a few more forays out of my closet.
The brown leather boots are a two-dollar Salvation Army find. After years of wearing them down whilst on woodland adventures, my dad finally suggested (a.k.a. made me walk down to the shoe repair store at gunpoint...just kidding!) that I get the heels repaired and shined up. Now they look better than ever!
The ring is from Forever21, and the rest of the jewelry is vintage.
I was thinking about doing an eye makeup tutorial, similar to the look I have going on in these pictures. Interested?
By the way, please vote for me in Forever21's Fashion Face Off! Just click on this link and cast your vote. You can do it multiple times per day. =)
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment