Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 6 January 2010

Info Post




Wearing: vintage shorts, thrifted blouse, vintage vest, vintage hat, Wal-Mart tights, thrifted booties, Claire's earrings, vintage jewelry.
Hello lovely people! As you can see from my (second) edit to my previous post, Pink Champagne is now on Facebook! Become a fan and support the blog! =) Anyway, I am very proud of myself for blogging twice in once month. Woohooo!!! If I can, I will try to post at least once a week, but who knows with my AP Econ prep coming up if I will have time to do it so frequently.
These pictures were taken last Sunday, at my friend Rachael's house. It was *freeeeezing* cold, but her backyard was so big and open that my sister willingly complied to take pictures. Let me tell you, it was murderous to take my warm fur coat off...brrrrrr!!! Anyway, I got the lovely floral shorts at a yardsale for about a quarter. I was so happy to get them! It was a very random yardsale, and I didn't expect to find anything vintage, but I walked away with those shorts, some acid wash 80's shorts, and two gold pocketwatch neckalces. I love the wrapped and knotted waistband on the shorts-that way I don't feel like I have to wear a belt. The white button down is actually part of my choir uniform, but I thought it would go nicely with the vest and contrast the boehmian vibe of the shorts. I got it at Salvation Army, I think, or a rummage sale. The gold embroidered vest was given to me by one of my aunts. Even though it is a size small, it is too big to wear buttoned, but it looks really nice when left open and loose, and adds a bit of Renaissance flaire to the outfit. I got the hat and the booties for my birthday-the hat was bought at an antique store and the shoes are thrifted. These shoes are probaby the most comfortable shoes I own! There is just something about the fuzzy trim that makes me feel oh so cozy and warm. The hat reminds me of Charlie Chaplin, or a French-ified Katherine Hepburn. The earrings were also a birthay present, from Claire's, and the rest of the jewelry is vintage. I really love the gold collar-chain. I think it's origional purpose was to transform a cardigan sweater into a capelet, but I thought it went perfect with the vest.
Well, I had better go-I have a dermatologist appointment at 8:30! I will respond to all your comments when I get the chance. =)
Mwah! Mwah!
~Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment