Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 31 March 2009

Info Post
Wearing a vintage shirt and headband, Express tights, thrifted shoes and necklace.

Don't you just love color contrast? Sometimes, I'll go all black with silver jewelry, but other times I hunger after two contrasting colors. I love the difference between the brilliant canary-yellow shirt and the sparkling violet tights. Speaking of tights, I must confess that I have this HUMUNGOUS obscession with them. My drawers are nearly bursting with all matters of stockings; sparkling purple and gold, bright teal and hot pink, classic black and white, and different-patterened fishnets and laces. Some people are obscessed with jeans. I'm obscessed with tights.

Yesterday, I went to Salvation Army, and found these wonderful Charlotte Russe gold peep-toe heels. There's my favorite 5" height, and fit exquisitely. Something weird: I had a friend over to watch "Roman Holiday" last night. Beforehand, I was cleaning the house, wearing my new gold shoes and listening to David Bowie's "Labyrinth" soundtrack, and the strangest thing happened. I felt like I was in a music video, and simply could not stop dancing. Yeah, this probably sounds really steryotipical, and maybe it was, but for a brief second, I felt like someone from a novel or movie. It was strange...but it inspired me to think of a story, a sort of modern re-telling of "The Red Shoes", but less Biblically allegorical, and with more fantasy elements. I don't know how this is going to work out, as I already have several bits and ideas for a novel floating around in my little pea-brain, and have yet to write out the first paragraph. I *did* have a novel all planned out, but the English setting was constantly tripping me up; I have to be more familiar with a setting before I can write a novel about it. I was planning on sort of transitioning my first idea into an American-version, changing a lot of stuff around, but maybe I'll add some of the gold shoes elements into it. Boy, is this going to be one confusing book! Perhaps I should stick to two separte novels...


Mwah! Mwah!
~Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment