Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 19 August 2009

Info Post


Wearing a vintage skirt, hat, shoes, vest, bag and jewelry.
Well, here I am bloggers, sweltering in the scorching late-afternoon heat (my Victorian house donsn't have a/c) and already, I begin to look forward to fall. Not just the brilliant colors, the crisp breezes, the decisive crunch and crakle of leaves, but most of all, I'm yearning for cool-weather fashion. I want to slip into my favorite romper, with a pair of tights and a layering of sweaters, instead of suffocating in a my romper, sans accessories. Anyway, I wore this outfit on Sunday, which turned out to be a little more bearable, weather-wise. It certainly evoked the spirit of fall fashion. My lovely Auntie E gave me the beaded vest on her most recent visit. The skirt is a vintage square dancing skirt, and the shoes are from Goodwill. I picked the hat up at a rummage sale, and the fabulous carpet bag is from the phenominal Miss Ruth's Time Bomb.
Not much going on as of late. AP classes start up in a couple of weeks, and I'm being a live mannequin for the Time Bomb this Saturday. Can't wait for the Celtic Festival on Sept 5th! It's not that great in itself, but when you combine a background of bagpipe music with fun and giggles with friends, not to mention the fact that I always dress up in a crazy costume, it's one of my favorite post-summer activities! The day before, there's a downtown First Friday event, themed Woodstock. I hope I win the 60's costume contest! Even if that dosn't happen, it'll still be fun to browse local shops in hippy attire.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
Now is your opportunity to ask me your questions! I will answer any and every question, from "what brand of lipstick do you use?" (FYI: Revlon) to "who are your style icons?" (MK Olsen, Katy Perry, Keira Knightley) So bring it on!
Mwah! Mwah!
~Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment