Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 30 March 2009

Info Post
Wearing a vintage sweater and jeans, Jessica Simpson shoes, thrifted bow and jewelry.


It's funny. It's so hard to distinguish these sweaters as being either fabulous or hideous. I think it's a mixture of both; a sort of ugly-pretty look. Well, anyway, this sweater was scored at Salvation Army (of all places!) and I decided to take it to the full 80's vibe with stonewashed jeans and silver chain neckalces. (Btw, the gold pendant necklace is a "Pirates of the Caribean" find from Disneyland) I used to be very particular about which decades I liked; the 20's, 50's and 60's, but now, I see that there's a certain enchantment about each and every era of the 20th century.
The 1910's: Still some of the post-Victorian charm of the Edwardian era remains, but skirts are starting to show the ankle (GASP!) and outfits become more practical. Think Mary Poppins...
The 1920's: I love this decade! What could be better than short, beaded fringe dresses, with loads of pearl necklaces and the elegance of a long cigarette holder?
The 1930's: To be honest, I'm not really into this decade a whole lot. It's not really known for it's influence on fashion, but if you want a simple, tailored look, that the 30's are perfection!
The 1940's: Gorgeous, yummy hat altert! Flowers, veils, feathers, *sigh*. And those lovely peplums with the hip ruffles....
The 1950's: I love the 50's sillouette! It can be flattering to almost any figure or body type, and especially on those of us with pear-shaped figures *raises hand* Evening gowns from this period are especially delectable!
The 1960's: The prim and sophisticcated Jackie O. look meets the beginning of the bohemian hippy. Something there for all of us! (Not even mentioning the lovely Audrey Hepburn look!)
The 1970's: The height of the hippy look. Flower children are content with beautiful flowing dresses, long hair and ethnic jewelry. I love to wear a maxi dress on a summer day with daisise in my hair.

The 1980's: Perhaps the look most in vogue now, I love the look of the shoulder pads, the chain neckalces, and the Madonna-esque creativity!

The 1990's: OK, yes there's something good from this decade. The whole tights look evolves from the popular leggings trend of the 90's, plus there's all those lovley tiny-print floral frocks!
You can probably tell by now how I'm droooling to go vintage shopping, hehe. Ah well, for now I must read "Heart of Darkness" for my AP Literature class and start my AP Art History exam. I wonder what life would be like without AP classess...?

Mwah! Mwah!
~Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment