Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 30 June 2011

Info Post
 Miss Ruth's Time Bomb hat; Style Hurricane ear cuff; vintage romper, boots and jewelry.
Road trips are the epitome of adventure. Somewhat stereotyped as a free-spirited (often adolescent) traverse across the American mid-west, road trips hold a much more ancient and deeper value than discovering one's life's purpose, escaping the confines of a boring life, or simply venting one's teenage frivolity
Many (if not all) fantasy novels involve a quest, a journey of some sort; a road trip. However, these "trips" bear a substantial purpose: destroying the Ring in the fires of Mordor, reaching the safe haven of Aslan's camp, or simply trying to avoid a run-in with Lord Voldermort. 
On top of that, the quest-like vibe of many fantasy novels stems from the fact that most of these books bear a distinct European medieval vibe. Making long journeys was quite common in that day and age; trips had to be long because there was no such thing as easy fast transportation.
However you look at it, it's a well-known fact that any sort of travel potentially bears excitement and adventure. You can imagine my giddiness at embarking on my first road trip! OK so basically it consisted of my best friend and I driving less than three hours to attend a family event, but to my thrill-seeking "lost in another world" soul, it was most exciting. 
We stopped by these random patches of day lilies to snap a few outfit pictures. Love the way the vibrant colors of the scenery enhance the boldness of my outfit. Loosely inspired by American road trip movies, I donned a pair of (what I deem "tough") cowboy boots and a most practical shields-face-from-the-blazing-sun hat, a.k.a. a gorgeous yet wimpy fedora. So pleased to have finally gotten my hands on this brass belt! My mom wore it in the 1980's, and I've been campaigning to make it mine for a while now.
Going to San Diego, CA this week! Looking forward to spending time with friends and family, browsing the area's amazing thriftstores, and enjoying the tranquil desert beauty and stunning weather of the Goldrush state.
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment