Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 9 July 2011

Info Post
Miss Ruth's Time Bomb skirt and top; Simply Vera Vera Wang shoes; Forever21 earrings; vintage bangles, belts, and hairflower.
Hello, everyone! I return from the sunny coast of California, dead-white pale as ever. Unlike my mother (who gets sunburned) I have the capacity to tan and have lightly done so in the past. However, these past few years I have become exuberantly proud of my ghostly complexion. Aside from my legs, I never thought I was really that pale, until people started complimenting me on my light skin early this spring. Subsequently, I have re-evaluated my paleness as an exotically becoming trait: vampires, Snow White, and vintage pinups had pale skin, how much more alluring can you get?
Other than these pictures (courtesy of my friend Shannon!) I didn't get a chance to snap any more outfits whilst in San Diego. These were taken in Balboa Park, which is a perfect location for innumerable photo shoots! I wanted to go for a slightly Spanish-influenced outfit, combined with a classic vintage pinup vibe. The architecture in the background reminds me of a Mexican courtyard in an Old Western movie. Of course, I am the beautiful senorita waiting to get swept off by a dashing daredevil bandit, only to be rescued by an even more illustrious young pistol-shootin' cowboy. (Insert humorous, jokling tone.)
Have you ever noticed the similarities between medieval-era and Old Western films? The Lone Ranger could quite literally be a knight in shining armor, the spirited rancher's daughter easily transitions into the character of the rebellious tower-trapped princess. Once you think about it, there are so many similarities between different historical movies. And there should be. Clothing styles, transportation, and weapon quality have changed and improved over the years, but those are only surface appearances. Despite additional philosophical, religious, and worldview changes, the human race essentially remains the same.
On a different note, I am VERY excited to be modeling for Mode Merr this weekend in New York City. I love their flirty retro clothing, the curve-hugging styles flattering the natural fluid grace of the female body. It's such an honor to be a part of what this wonderful company is doing. I can't wait to give you all the dish on my trip and later show you my pictures when the collection is revealed this fall!
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela
P.S. Check out Miss Ruth's Time Bomb's new Etsy listings (modeled by yours truly), and this amazing song I just discovered! Ohh and who else is excited to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 this week?!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment