Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 21 June 2011

Info Post
Vintage Laura Ashley dress; vintage Whiting & Davis necklace; Claire's gloves; Forever21 ring; thrifted Simply Vera Vera Wang shoes; Express tights; vintage scarf (worn as a turban), belts, and bracelets.
No, lovely readers, this post does not concern the famous batman villain. Instead, it is in reference to Professor Quirrell from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I've been meaning to do a series of Harry Potter-themed photo shoots in honor of the upcoming final film (and an overall tribute to Harry Potter nerdom). Only after these pictures were taken, did I realize that lo and behold I was wearing a (less extravagant) version of Professor Quirrell's purple turban. Not only that, but the mysterious bookstore setting provided an intellectual Hogwarts-esque vibe. Hopefully you'll be seeing more HP-inspired shoots! I just started keeping a list of potential shoot ideas I'd like to do, so hopefully some of these proposed shoots I'm always talking about will turn into a reality.
I forget where I got this dress, but it was probably at a thriftstore. I was actually planning to put it up for sale in my future Etsy shop because the waist is slightly bulky on me, but I randomly decided to try it on and found that it could be made most becoming when utlized with a thick belt. (Plus the deep pine green nicely accentuated my red hair!) 
Something I really love about this outfit is the mix of romantic and exotic Check out this tutorial by Cali Vintage to replicate my turban! My scarf was shorter, so I started off with the ends in the front and directly wrapped them around in the back and made a knot.
Recently, one of my readers asked me what I preferred to be called: Hope, Adela, or Hope Adela. So in case anyone else was wondering, I preferred to be called Hope Adela. That's why it's like that on my Blogger profile name. =)
Special thanks to Pomfret Street Books for allowing me to use their lovely facilities!
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment