Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 12 June 2011

Info Post

Thrifted skirt and blouse; Ross pumps; vintage jewelry and accessories.
I proudly present the outfit I wore in honor of Draco Malfoy's 31st birthday
 Since this was an I'm-an-evil-witch-in-league-with-the-Dark Lord outfit, I opted for a long-sleeved black shirt and velvet maxi skirt to make the outfit a bit more severe. The silver pumps are from Ross and the gold belt, rings, bracelets, and earrings are some of my long-time favorites. The white mesh snake belt (I'm assuming it's Whiting and Davis) and ginormous spangled green snake broach worn as a necklace were both recent purchases. I actually procured the snake broach the day before I wore this outfit---what a lucky find!
You may wonder why this post isn't titled after something Harry Potter, but as soon as I saw these picture I was immediately reminded of the Lady of the Green Kirtle from C. S. Lewis's The Silver Chair. It's surprising how many different characters you can become when wearing green and adorned with snakes: Cleopatra, a princess of the Emerald City, Narcissa Malfoy (don't you just adore her smart 1940's look?).
As Roz so eloquently described in her most recent post, the color green can represent many different emotions and types of characters. I am one to pair colors with emotional character stereotypes instead of simply emotions. For example, red springs to mind images of a feisty Carmen-like senorita; blue a peaceful yet powerful water goddess. I've always associated the color green with wickedly-elegant snake sorceresses or mystical Celtic warrior queens (with red hair, of course), but the typical character of this color today is that of a benevolent earth spirit or Mother Nature type of figure.
Either way, the color green has and will forever be a magical hue to me. Snake witches and earth faeries aside, there is something purely extraordinary in the pigment itself. (Those with similar thoughts towards the color green must have a look at this fantastic novel!) Does anyone else feel this way? If I knew that many people likewise felt a connection to the color green, I would venture to guess that such fascination stems from the fact that green makes up a great part of nature. Despite the mechanical and technical inventions of man, we remain inevitably entwined to our roots. When I feel smothered by today's corporate and electronically-focused world or stressed out by blogging worries, I need but focus on this emerald hue to be at peace.
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela
P.S. Don't forget to "like" PINK CHAMPAGNE on Facebook!

0 comments:

Post a Comment