Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 16 June 2011

Info Post
 Vintage dress and belts; self-made wreath.
~
Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You've come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?

What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping
 
What can you see
On the horizon?
Why do the white gulls call?
Across the sea
A pale moon rises
The ships have come to carry you home

And all will turn

To silver glass
A light on the water
All souls pass

Hope fades

Into the world of night
Through shadows falling
Out of memory and time
Don't say: We have come now to the end
White shores are calling
You and I will meet again

And you'll be here in my arms

Just sleeping

And all will turn
To silver glass
A light on the water
Grey ships pass
Into the West
 ~
Annie Lennox's Into the West is one of the most haunting and magical songs ever written. Brimming with strength, the song demonstrates a unique blend of tearful nostalgia and noble hope, perfectly suited for the vibe of The Lord of the Rings, the movie for which it was written. 
In the same way as this song pays a tribute to the past while focusing on the importance of the future, should we likewise mimic such a mindset in our own lives. Too many times, I have spent hours remorsefully pondering something that I didn't do. I'm not the type of person to regret making a mistake; however I am the type of person to beat myself up over not doing something. "What if?" has got to be one of the most frequent phrases that passes through my mind.
But there's nothing we can do about the past. Quoting from William Shakespeare's Macbeth, "What's done cannot be undone." Changes can only be made in the future.
After all that lovely philosophical rambling, let's move on to more light-hearted pastures...namely, my outfit! These pictures have got to be among my top favorites ever posted on this blog, for they encompass many of my favorite artistic elements. The lighting was absolutely perfect; I barely had to edit anything taken in this shoot. I've always been enamored by sunlight, particularly the fiery sensual orange light of the fading sun. 
I think the style of my ensemble fitted perfectly with the elegant, serene vibe of the setting. Instead of adding the usual barrel-load of jewelry and accessories, I wanted to keep it (relatively) simple. The rich colors and freshness of this outfit reminded me of the goddess Aphrodite. I love the Grecian elements of the blue dress (soon to be up on my future Etsy shop!); the draped sleeves, the gathered waist, the pleated skirt. I made the wreath myself, using my favorite color combination of pink, green, and yellow.
Gown streaming in the wind, the fragrance of damp grass in my nostrils, I was ready to go. 
Into the West.
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment