Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 20 November 2010

Info Post
Vintage dress, hat, belts, gloves, and bangles; Talbots shoes.
Hello, everyone! My friend, Rebecca, and I did this photoshoot this past week in an empty parking lot. I was standing on this pole thingy (second picture) and this police officer drove by and wanted to know what we were up to. Needless to say, it was practically impossible for me to actually comitt a crime in this outfit. Bangles, flowing skirt, high heels? I don't think so!
I wasn't exactly sure what exactly this look was supposed to be (other than obviously eclectic), but when I got home from the shoot, my mom said that I looked like a Byzantine princess. Hence the "Queen of Constantinople" theme. The dress is actually composed of two different pieces; a too-big dark blue lace dress and a burnt orange silk vest jacket. I thought the two colors looked quite striking together, and the broacade pattern on the jacket echoed the lacey texture of the dress. The belts and hat are from various thriftstores, and the shoes (of which you can barely see) are from Talbots. The long black silk gloves were inhereted from my grandmother (I actually wore them to prom), and the bangles are recent aquirments from various thrifstores and vintage clothing shops. I've just recently gotten into the whole bangle mania look, and I think it's rather unique and interesting. Plan on seeing more of these beauties in future blog posts!
I'd also like to do some Russian-themed shoots this fall/winter. I was browsing Wikipedia the other day and came across some Russian faerie tales. It really brought back a lot of childhood memories of sitting on my grandmother's lap as she read aloud stories from this Russian folk tale book we have. I was actually thinking about naming one of my children (provided that I actually want to have kids when I "grow up") Vasilisa, after the story "Vasilisa the Beautiful".
Don't forget to vote for me in the WM Style Contest!
1) Click on this link and "like" WM Style on Facebook.
2) Then, click on this link, and "like" this picture.
Thank you very much!
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment