Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 24 November 2010

Info Post
Miss Ruth's Time Bomb skirt, hat, and necklace; vintage tank top (underneath) and jewelry; Express tights; given shoes.
Hello dear people! Today's title was was inspired by Arwen's "House of Healing" song  from the extended version of The Return of the King. It's a beautiful, yet slightly melancholy-definatley worth checking out.
With a sigh
You turn away
With a deepening heart
No words to say
You will find
That the world has changed forever
The trees are now turning from green to gold
And the sun is now fading
I wish I could hold you closer
This was an impromptu photoshoot my sister and I did on Halloween morning. The natural scenery was absolutely perfect. The golden and orangey-brown leaves shown out magnificently against the emerald green grass (hence the nod to the Arwen song); the earthy tones of my outfit coordinating with the backdrop, and the purple tights giving the look some overall "fashiony" pizazz. The beaded gold vest was a gift from my aunt, worn over a completely random black tank top. I got the skirt at Miss Ruth's Time Bomb, as well as the hat (the style of which I like to deem "floppy-bohemian-hat-meets-preppy-fedora") and the gold pendant necklace. The earrings and huge ring were inherited from my grandmother, and the gold bangles were from a thriftstore. Both the purple tights and the brown shoes were aquired from a friend via a clothing exchange.
On Monday, I'm going to be doing an Etsy photoshoot for the much hyped-about Time Bomb! So you lovlies will now all have access to purchase their wonderful vintage clothing and accessories. I'll make sure to include a link to their store when the items are up, ASAP.
Now for some rather tragic news.....*mournful music* I ended up winning the eBay lookbook contest, but I got disqualified because I'm not 18 yet. I'll admit, it was my fault; I should have read the rules more carefully. Still, I think it's unecessary to have age limits in a contest like this. Bikini contest? Yes. Fashion contest? No. Just because someone's mother did not give birth to them sooner, shouldn't be a hinderance to someone entering this type of contest. Age is simply a number. (Look at Tavi!) For legal purposes, I think these types of contests should require a parental permission  form, or a co-sign on all official agreements/documentation for those under 18, but I don't think being under 18 should prohibit someone from being publicly recongnized and awarded for their creativity and style. Anyway, that's my two cents on the subject. Hopefully next year! Even though this contest didn't work out, I want to thank you guys for voting for me! =)
Speaking of voting, I was browsing the blog links on the other WM Style contestants, and it turns out that one girl (I won't name her) directly copied and pasted my little "Don't forget to vote for me in the WM Style Contest, etc..." onto her own blog. The font, sizing, and wording was exactly the same as it had been on my blog (and it didn't match the rest of her font on that post). I don't have a problem if other contestants rally their blog friends to vote for them, but I DO have a problem when they plagarize my exact words. So, if you are reading this, I would appreciate it if you came up with your own original contest promotion instead of stealing mine. Thank you!
Anyway, if you haven't already done so,  please vote for me in the WM Style Contest!

1) Click on this link and "like" WM Style on Facebook.
2) Then, click on this link, and "like" this picture
Have a lovely Thanksgiving, dear bloggers! This may sound cheesey, but one of the things I am most thankful for is fashion and blogging. To me, fashion is an endorphin-inducing art form that enables me to express my ideas, feelings, and emotions; giving new meaning to the term "wearing your heart on your sleeve". Blogging is a way to let the world know about your devotion to fashion. It's also a great way to bond with like-minded ladies and gents, as well as producing additional fashion opportunies. There would be no reason for me to create my own photo shoots if I didn't have a place to post them. The "need" to post pictures expands your artistic creativity in composing photo shoots and putting together outfits, and can alsoteach you how to pose and model in pictures. (I could literally go on for hours about the wonders of fashion and blogging, but I will promptly shut my mouth now.)While the rest of my family rolls their eyes when I say stuff like this, I'm pretty sure that you guys will understand. It takes a fashion blogger to know a fashion blogger. =)
Check out my feature with Wallflower Vintage! They have an amazing selection of fabulous vintage clothing items that you won't want to miss.
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment