Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 25 August 2009

Info Post




Wearing a vintage skirt, jewelry and hat, and thrifted shoes.
Hello! Here are all your questions, with my answers! In the future, I was thinking of holding monthly fashion Q&A, where you share your fashion dilemmas, and I'll try to help you solve the problems. Would anyone be intersted in that?
1.Q: What is your favorite music artist, and how old are you?
A: My very favorite music artist is Kate Bush, and I’m 16 years old.

2.Q: Did you already come in France?
A: If you mean “have you ever been to France?” then, no I haven’t. But I’d love to go to Paris someday! It sounds most exciting!

3. Q: What do you have planned to wear on your first day back at classes?
A: I’m actually homeschooled (so no back-to-school shopping for me, unfortunately!) but if I did go to school, I’d wear a floral romper with brilliant opaque tights, heels, unique vintage jewelry, and a crazy hat!

4.Q: WHERE DO YOU SHOP???
A: Most of my clothes come from Miss Ruth’s Time Bomb, Fairey Godmother’s, local antique stores, Goodwill, or Salvation Army. There a few random bits and pieces from Target, but most everything else is bought secondhand.

5. Q: What do you use in your hair? How long do you spend a day on your hair?
A: To be honest, I usually just wash my hair with L’Oreal Vive Pro Shampoo, put it in a bun for a few waves, and let it out when I’m going somewhere. Occasionally, I’ll curl my hair with bendable hot rollers or curlers, in which I’ll sleep in overnight.

6. Q: If you have a must-have list, what’s on it for next season?
A: This fall, I’m going crazy for a number of things! Floral rompers over opaque tights, patterned, bedazzled, or textured stockings, lace-up Victorian-inspired flat ankle boots, fanny packs, vintage jewelry, bow hair accessories and touches of denim!

7. Q: What’s your favorite lipstick color?
A: You can’t beat a sexy red pout!

8.Q: What do you think about fashion?
A: I think fashion is the most enjoyable and most exciting way to express your personality and creativity to the world without uttering a word.

9. Q: Do you like traditional hand waven? Why? If you have traditional hand waven, what will you made it?
A: Could someone please enlighten me on what hand waven is? Thanks! =)

10. Q: Has the blogging experience affected your style in any way?
A: The blogging experience hasn’t directly affected my style, but I am more conscious of when I put together an outfit. Instead of just randomly throwing on my favorite romper and heels, I make what I put on my body into a work of art, knowing that hundreds of people will see it. Fellow bloggers have also inspired my style. Whenever I’m in drowning in a “style rut”, I just browse blog-land, looking for snazzy outfits, and my brain instantly resurfaces to the world of fashion.

11. Q: Have you ever made your own clothes?
A: Actually, I just learned to sew last week, but I have done several DIY’s in the past, such as shredding a tee and making my own jewelry.

12. Q: If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
A: Kissing an excruciatingly handsome Faerie King in a mysterious enchanted forest, wearing the most dazzlingly of ball gowns and an opal and diamond tiara! Erehm, if you mean the “real world”, then I’d love to be at the biggest, cheapest vintage clothing store/thriftstore, wherever that is!

13. Q: What animal would you be?
A: A peacock: loud, preening and colorful!

14. Q: Spiderman or Superman? Who would look better with eyeliner and red lipstick?
A: I think Superman is cuter, and would probably be able to pull off eyeliner and lipstick better than Spiderman! ;)

15. Q: Who inspires you style wise?
A: Keira Knightley, Mary-Kate Olsen, Katy Perry, Audrey Hepburn, Marie Antoinette, Madame Duberry, and my dear friend Sarah, co-owner of the Time Bomb!

16. Q: How tall are you?
A: 5’6”, last time I checked!

17. Q: How do you go about putting an outfit together when you are short of time?
A: I’ll throw on a trustworthy romper (with a pair of tights and a cardigan, if necessary). Depending on the cut of the romper, I’ll slide into either heels, or pair of flat lace-up boots, slip on a single piece of statement jewelry, and grab whatever purse that happens to have my stuff in at the moment!

18. Q: What are your favorite colors to wear and why?
A: There’s not a particular color that dominates my wardrobe, but I think I feel the most confident and pretty in a brilliant, deep purple, or an emerald green. They’re both so majestic and elegant, and go really well with my skin tone and hair color!

19. Q: Favorite bloggers?
A: I don’t have any particular favorites right now, but I really liked Ana’s “Snazzy” and “Silver Wings”. Too bad she gave up blogging….

20. Q: Sources of inspiration (except for your style icon)?
A: Looking at pictures of beautiful jewels and jewelry, the movie Marie Antoinette, and the Rococo lifestyle.
21. Q: What is your beauty routine?
A: In the morning, I’ll wash and cleanse my face with Neutrogena products. Whenever I go out, I’ll give my face a quick overall job with face cleanser, then apply powder and lipstick (which I blot and reapply three times) and blush.

22. Q: Does the famous Time Bomb have a website?
A: YES!!! http://www.missruthstimebomb.com/ Their vintage isn’t up on the website, but they’ll be going on eBay soon!

23. Q: What are your three essential make-up products?
A: Lipstick, that's about it.

24. Q: Where do you get all of your vintage things from?
A: Miss Ruth’s Time Bomb, Fairey Godmother’s, Goodwill, Salvation Army, random thriftstores, thoughtful relatives, benevolent older ladies at church, rummage sales, yard sales, and antique stores.

25. Q: Do you read any street style blogs? If so, which ones?
A: I’ll sometimes read Sart, but I usually stick to regular fashion blogs.

26. Q: How do “the people” react concerning your style?
A: My mom likes my style, but occasionally thinks I’m insane, I’m my little sister’s official style icon, win first prize for “most weirdly dressed person in town”, am the laughingstock of my peers at church, and get doted on by all the older ladies at church, and get a lot of car honks.

27. Q: Who’s your favorite designer?
A: Nina Ricci, John Galliano, Rodarte, Chanel and Lorrick.

28. Q: What is the meaning of melancholy to you?
A: I think it’s a very Victorian, lady-like, Alice in Wonderland way of saying your feeling depressed and having a bad day.

29. Q: What are your aspirations?
A: Write about personal style for a big magazine, star in a period adventure-drama concerning vampires and fashion, write and publish a best-selling novel, sing a fantastic love song before a huge crowd, open my own Etsy store and make a mine, run in slow motion to the “new version” of 99 Red Balloons, discover Faerieland, lead the battle charge of the Pelenor Fields, and own too much vintage clothing for my own good. I may have already succeeded in completing that last aspiration.

30. Q: Are you into heels/wedges or flats?
A: Definitely heels! Flats can be cool, (especially in the form of vintage leather boots) but I’m one of those “I’m more comfortable in heels” people.

31. Q: Is it the original Vera Wang Princess [perfume] that you like?
A: Yes, I haven’t smelled the new variations yet.

32. Q: What is your all-time favorite piece from your closet?
A: Oh my! HARD QUESTION ALERT!! Any one of my freaking awesome rompers, or perhaps my beloved carpet bag.

33. Q: What kind of lipstick is that?
A: N.Y.C Colors 308B Retro Red

34. Q: What’s your most-wanted things?
A: I’d love to have another pair of stripper shoes, and a pair of vintage 60’s sunglasses that cover ¾ of my face!
35. Q: Have you seen True Blood?
A: I’ve watched clips of it on YouTube, but never the whole thing. I get the Anna Paquin thing a lot-but that’s good! =)
36. Q: How do you manage to dig out so many great vintage pieces?
A: I was diagnosed with Obsessive Vintage Clothes Hoarding Disorder three years ago. Does that answer your question? ;)

37. Q: What is your favorite movie? Only one, no top five or anything.. .
A: Well, my top five movies are…just kidding! My absolute favorite movie is “The Lord of the Rings” series. Ever since I first watched parts of it on a church retreat in 7th grade, it’s been my favorite film of all time!

38. Q: What’s your favorite shop? And where do you live cause…here in Switzerland there is not that many shops.
A: Any vintage clothing store or thrift shop is my favorite store! As for chain stores, Forever21, and Urban Outfitters are my favorites.

39. Q: What part of your body/face do you love and hate the most?
A: Face: I love my full lips and my thick eyebrows! I don’t really like my nose that much. Body: I wish I had thinner upper arms and was actually capable of cleavage. I do like my long torso, as I’m able to wear innumerable belts!

40. Q: Would you rather be in a submarine by yourself for six months or in a rocket ship in space with your best friend for a year?
A: Definitely in a rocket ship in space with my BFF for a year! Love you, Dexti! =)

41. Q: Would you rather be a model in Paris or a musician in Barcelona?
A: A model in Paris! I can’t play a musical instrument for my life!

42. Q: Would you rather be an artist in San Francisco or a dancer in New York?
A: An artist in San Francisco, namely, an artist of fashion, my love, my heart, my joy and my soul.

43. Q: Which beetle? Why?
A: I’ve never heard the Beetles (though a dear friend actually recommended them to me today!) but whichever one is the handsomest is most likely my favorite.

44. Q: What is your favorite part of your body?
A: My lips, eyebrows and long torso!

45. Q: What is your craziest dream?
A: Hmmm…the most dream unlikely to happen? Run in slow motion and discover Faerieland!

46. Q: If your life were like a movie, which one would it be now, and which would you WANT it to be?
A: Currently, my life is very much like the movie “Labyrinth”. I imagine that, as I grow, it will soon mimic “Gone with the Wind”. I’m actually pretty pleased with those two movie choices. Sarah gets to explore the wonders of the Goblin Kingdom, wear a gorgeous poufy white dress, attend a surreal Rococo fantasy ball, and dance with the most devilishly attractive of Goblin Kings. Sure Scarlett O’Hara’s life sucked for a while, after she was a lovely Southern Belle, but she got to marry the epitome of male sexiness: Rhett Butler! OK, she was an idiot and like wimpo Ashley, but other than that, she had it good! A gorgeous guy and gorgeous clothes! What could be better than that?

47. Q: Is everyone equal?
A: I know that the “right” answer is something like “oh yes, everyone on this planet is completely equal in all possible ways”, but that wouldn’t be the honest truth. When saying “equal”, if you mean that we’re all equal as human beings, then I would say yes. A black person has the same rights as a white person or an Asian. On the other hand, if you’re talking in more specific terms of “who is better” I do NOT think that everyone is equal.It’s how we choose to carry out our lives, to utilize our talents, that breaks up the human race into competitive categories.

48. Q: Where do you find all your amazing hats?
A: Fairey Godmother’s! =) (Sadly, they do not have a website!)


49. Q: What’s your favorite lipbalm flavor?
A: Lime!

50. Q: Do you eat meat?
A: Yep!

51. Q: Have you a favorite animal?
A: Hedgehogs! =) They’re so adorable!
52. Q: Do you think people are more worth than animals?
A: Yes, I do.

53. Q: Do you like Isabel Marant?
A: The name rings a bell, but I forget what her stuff looks like. As I recall, it was very pretty!

54. Q: Which pieces should every woman have?
A: A floral-print romper and a fanny pack!
Mwah! Mwah!
~Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment