Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 16 July 2011

Info Post
Photographer: Mitzi Valenzuela 
Makeup and Hair: Josephine Love
Special thanks to Miss Ruth's Time Bomb for transportation, and cheers to meeting fellow models Jasmin and Jade!
As mentioned in the previous post, I had the privilege of traveling to New York City this past weekend to model for Mode Merr. I can't begin to express my excitement in regard to the shoot! The clothes were to die for, the crew was fantastic, and the overall vibe was very welcoming and down-to-earth.
The F/W 2011 collection will be available for purchase in its entirety within a few months, but until then, I'd like to give you a quick sneak peek at a few of my favorite looks (modeled by yours truly!). To create even more suspense (cue: Alfred Hitchcock-esque music), I'm dividing the photos into two separate posts.
I love the quiet strength behind Mode Merr clothing. I hate it when clothes are crazily ga-ga; fashioned with lots of fancy little details and furbelows. Busy clothes just don't give any room for utilizing your own creative "outfit-making" skills, a top priority in my fashion mind. Mode Merr designs are classic and streamlined; the perfect foundations for a fantastic retro wardrobe, yet unique so as not to be deemed "basic". Even if you're not dramatically into pinup, there's no telling how many creative vintage outfits you can create with an elegant black pencil skirt.
Additionally, I'll be modeling for Mode Merr's online Etsy page where items from their past collections can be found. In addition to a few simple Etsy shots, I'll be able to do a lot of creative, eclectically-styled shoots for my blog. Looking forward to sharing more with you!
Ohh, and in case I didn't mention this before, you can now follow me on Twitter!
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela 
P.S. Who went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2? I did! I dressed up like Bellatrix Lestrange, and my friend was an adorable Luna Lovegood, but alas we forgot to take pictures. Maybe I'll do a Bellatrix-themed shoot one of these days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment