Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 15 May 2011

Info Post
Mode Merr dress; Miss Ruth's Time Bomb hair bow; Forever21 shoes; vintage jacket and jewelry.
As soon as I put on this dress, I immediately thought of Buttercup from The Princess Bride, due to the succulent buttery yellow hue of the ruffled skirt. Although these photos were snapped in the midst of a patch of dandelions, this frock is and will forever be a buttercup dress. This Mode Merr piece actually belongs to my friend and owner of Miss Ruth's Time Bomb, but after much begging and pleading I was allowed to borrow it for photoshoot/blogging purposes. I love the combination of candy pink and buttercup yellow, and thought that the colors would be perfect to wear on Easter Sunday.
Wanting to incorporate some tomboy chic to the ensemble, I enlisted the help of my trusty black leather jacket. The vintage turquoise bangles and hairbow provided a third color (you probably already know how much I love to be crazy with my colors!), and while contrasting with the colors of the dress, emphasized the bright and cheery vibe of the look.
My sister actually took these pictures in the alley behind our house in front of our neighbor's yard. (Shhhh, don't tell!) I love the way they appear to be taken in a magical wooded area, reminiscent of Alice in Wonderland.
This past week, several people in my local town have recognized me from my blog. It always feels so rewarding to know that fellow "Carlisleians" appreciate what I am doing. Thank you for your support! =)
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela
P.S. My debit card arrived in the mail a few days ago! Within the next couple of weeks, I hope to finally open my Etsy shop. Updates will be posted on this blog, so keep checking back to get first pick of my premire batch of vintage goodies! Additionally, I'll be able to expand my blog sponsorship horizons...more on that will be posted later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment