Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 3 May 2011

Info Post

Miss Ruth's Time Bomb necklace; thrifted Simply Vera Vera Wang ankle boots; self-made earrings; vintage bangles, vest, and headscarf; jeans and blouse from a clothing swap.
Pictures from March that I haven't got a chance to post yet. Actually, I have like five photoshoots I have in my Pictures folder waiting to be edited and posted! I'll be done with this semester in a week and a half, so hopefully after that I can start up an Etsy store, get a real part-time job, and update le blog more frequently.   This outfit was pretty off the beaten path for me: it was almost normal. OK I admit that stacks of multi-colored bangles and 60's makeup isn't exactly run-off-the-mill, but hey, I'm wearing jeans! That counts for being adventurous. I find it funny how an adventurous outfit for most girls my age would be something on the crazily creative side, where an adventurous outfit for me is borderline normal just because I so seldom wear anything normal. I wore this to a local coffehouse music event and didn't want to creep out too many people hahaha. I normally get the impression that (in addition to myself) most fashion bloggers have a "who cares what people think, being weird is cool!" attitude. That's great, but sometimes an outrageous ensemble can simply be innapropriate instead of cooly creative.
Even though its spring, I intentionally coordinated this outfit around fall colors, which is my favorite color season. Tangerine, burnt orange, deep raspberry, teal, gold, contrasted with a fresh minty green. I love color! I've always been one for color contrasts; I think it's very important in creating an asthetically pleasing costume.
Be sure to check out this song in reference to my blog post title. I am (and have been for a few years)addicted to 80's music!
By the way, I think I am semi-expected to say something about the fashions of the Royal Wedding. As a fashion blogger, I guess it would make sense to be into that stuff, but honestly I could care less. I looked overy my friend's shoulder as she was browsing pictures of the wedding on her laptop and that was about it. Kate's dress was beautiful in and of itself, but honestly I thought the ensemble as a whole was quite boring. Her plain makeup and lack of accessories made her look washed out, like she had randomly tried the dress on in the store dressing room while wearing normal makeup and hair.
So for those of you who are fans of long-sleeved white lace dresses, please go for the Grace Kelly look. (Hmm dosn't Kate's outfit look suspicously like Grace's?) White lace is already popular on the fashion blogger scene, and I'm predicting that Kate's dress will not only expand its popularity amongst the fashion blogger crowd, but amongst the general public. I actually have a long-sleeved white lace dress that you will probably see on here, but it was bought at least a month in advance of the Royal Wedding so you can be sure that I am no copy-Kate. I'll probably include a several page long anti "Kate-is-a-fashion-icon" rant in that post as well.
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment