Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 9 May 2011

Info Post
Dollhouse shoes; Talbots clear bangles; everything else vintage/thrifted.
I was talking with a friend last month, and the conversation turned to the topic of the movie Into the Wild. I haven't seen the movie or read the book, but from what my friend told me, it sounds most intriguing. It's SO easy to get wrapped up in the cultural and social "cares of this world". Sometimes we just need to break away and experiance the pure beauty and magic of natural life, stripped naked from all of man's inventions and bothersome trappings.
I would love to do something like that someday, but don't know if I ever shall. On one hand, I want to devote as much of my time as possible to boosting my fashion and modeling experiance (and ultimately my future career). On the other hand, I sometimes wonder what is the point? Even though I extremely enjoy fashion blogging etc. it does tie me down. Wouldn't it be simply exhilerating to be carefree and wild?
That sort of freedom, however, is something I will only experiance in the briefest moments. Road trips, vacations, afternoon wanderings, things like that. I would rather dedicate my life to the fashion industry and long for nature-focused freedom, rather than escape from the world and always wonder "what if..." regarding my position in the fashion industry. Being mildly confined is better than a lifetime of regret.
Even though the scenery of these pictures (with the acception of the random house peeking over the top of the hill) looks like the wilderness, my sister actually took these right outside of a Cracker Barrel restaurant near the highway. We kind of wandered off the parking lot into this random section of land between the restaurant and the road. Love how such a generally people-filled area can have the appearnce of looking so romantic and desolate in strategic photographs! Even in the most urban of places, little pockets of Mother Nature can be found.
Enough with the philosophy, on to the clothes! I got the hot pink velvet maxi skirt at a thriftstore last fall. It needed some hem-reinforcment (my heels kept getting caught in the loosly-tacked hem), but looks great now. The top is also thrifted...I j'adore how it embodies both black and white polka dots (one of my all-time favorite prints) and the beautiful romantic medieval-esque style of sleeves. There is an intersting story behind the shoes. I got them like two years ago at Ross, then passed them on to my BFF because they were uncomfortable. A couple of weeks ago, she was getting rid of a bunch of stuff, so I reclaimed them and wore them out the next day! The belt and all the jewelry is from various thriftstores and vintage shops; the clear lucite bangles are from Talbots.
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment