Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 12 December 2010

Info Post
Miss Ruth's Time Bomb coat and headscarf; blouse, shorts, shoes, and geek glasses via clothing exchange; Target tights; vintage jewelry.
Hello, dear blogger friends! Sorry for the long hiatus-I've been super busy with term papers, etc. This is my last week of the semester, than comes an entire month long winter break, so you can be sure that I will be a much more attentive blogger.
Before I start up with the usual outfit rambling, I'd like to show you all the lovely sketch my cup of coffee did of me after I won his giveaway. Be sure to check out his blog for loads of diverse and multi-genre fashion inspiration!
Also, some of you may have noticed my new sponsor, Miss Ruth's Time Bomb, in the sidebar. My favorite vintage clothing store is now selling lovely things online with me as their model! Once I get a disk with all the picture, I'll be doing an entire post  dedicated to the Time Bomb, but in the meantime feel free to explore their website and newly-established blog. I know that you will just adore their clothes! Beautiful, stylish, flirty and very reasonably priced-what more could you want?
Getting down to the usual outfit rambling...these pictures were taken by my dear friend Kelly on another blogger meetup which included the "most beautiful pregnant lady ever" Joy. I wanted to step out of my usual comfort zone and went for an exotic, glamorized urban look. Originally wearing a slightly longer pair of pale pink shorts, I swapped them in favor of these sleek black beauties I aquired during the evening's clothing exchange. Funny enough, I also aquired the drapey black top and tripple-strap shoes from Joy via a previous exchange. The amazingly gorgeous leopard coat is from Miss Ruth's Time Bomb (I am in love with this coat!!!!) I've had the teal tights for a couple of years (bought at Target) and the orange turban wrapped headscarf was bought the past week at Miss Ruth's Time Bomb. All of the jewelry is vintage and comes from a variety of different locations: thriftstores, vintage clothing stores, holiday bazaars, etc. Oh and the geek glasses were also aquired at that day's clothing exchange. I used to object to glasses without actual glass in them but oh well minds change, don't they?
We took a bunch of silly candid pictures at Kelly's house, and I kept doing these Edie Sedgwick-esque poses. I haven't seen the photos yet, but I'm sure that while Edie looked fabulously gamine and sexy, I looked like a drunken ballerina trying to do some sort of prepatory stretch in mid-air. You only live once! Life is too short to be normal!
Don't forget to "like" my blog on Facebook!
And be sure to vote for me in the WM Style contest! It ends on the 31st, so not too long before I stop bugging y'all about this. ;)
1) Click on this link to "like" WM Style on Facebook.
2) After you do that, click on this link to "like" my picture.
Thank you loads!
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment