Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 23 April 2011

Info Post
Miss Ruth's Time Bomb coat, self-made skirt, Forever21 bustiere top, Target gloves, vintage hat/jewelry/shoes.
A little tardily posted, but I wore this outfit my first full day of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. (Thanks to my lovely friend and MBFW partner-in-crime, Angie, for taking these pictures! Miss you girl!) I made the skirt myself; it actually has two suspender-style straps, but I wanted to go for a more streamlined look for this outfit and tucked them into the waistband of the skirt. I had actually just purchased the black lace bustier top at Forever21 that day. (I had previously been wearing a drapey black shirt with the suspenders up, but changed upon accumulating the bustiere top.) The necklace was a graduation gift from my great-aunt. I absolutely LOVE the brilliant contrasting scarlet and turquoise colors combined with the foreign vibe and oversized style. I got the fur hat at Salvation Army for a dollar, the gloves are from Target a couple of years ago, and the bangles, earrings and ankle boots are thrifted/vintage. I had originally packed the skirt to wear in an Alice in Wonderland sort of way (the print of the skirt is cards) with a red bow and pearls. However, upon my arrival, I wanted to go for a more eclectic look and combine the femininity of the skirt with the wacky hat and necklace.
Sometimes I feel really narcisistic rambling about all this stuff. Does anyone actually want to read it? Seriously, I'd be perfectly happy not giving miniature sermons in my blog posts, but I feel like people want to read something in addition to looking at pictures.
In regards to the title of this post: I've been feeling a little purpose-less and depressed lately. The high from attending MBFW is long gone and I feel like a bump on a log in the fashion industry. Other than blogging, I'm not really doing anything big picture fashion-related at the moment. I just feel like I am wasting away my life studying about science and theology when other fashion bloggers around my age are working on collaborations with world-famous designers and getting mentioned in the pages of top-selling magazines. I want to be an influential and valued member of the fashion industry (heck, I want to be president of the fashion industry!). I want to live glamorously in New York City. I want to travel the world and explore all the exotic sights and sounds of the four corners of the earth.
BUT (and here's that big "but" that you've all been holding your breaths for) there is still hope. And Hope Adela. ;) In May, I am doing my first pinup modeling gig in New York City. I freakishly hope that this upcoming event will open up some more opportunities for me. In the same way that Eve lusted after the Forbidden Fruit, am I hungering after the Big Apple. I was talking about the American Dream last week with someone and they said that everyone can reach their desired goals; people who are already rich and famous just get to take a shortcut, but even those of us who aren't rich and famous can eventually make it if we try hard enough. Heck, half of today's billionaire CEO are descendents of European immigrants who started off with nothing. If they can do it, so can I.
I know that it's probably not very professional to rant about this kind of stuff on my blog, but I've always valued honesty and openess and think that you all should know this.
"American Dream is the American Queen. American Queen is the American Dream."
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

P.S. Happy Easter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment