Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 14 April 2011

Info Post
Some Velvet Vintage corset jumpsuit; Jessica Simpson hat; Talbots shoes; Forever21 earrings; street vendor necklace; shirt from my mother; vintage rings, bracelets, and sunglasses.
Hello, everyone! I've been watching the Harry Potter movies (for the first time!) as of late and was inspired to title this post after the arachnid scene in The Chamber of Secrets. I've already read all the Harry Potter books; after I finish watching all the films, I plan on doing a series of outfit posts inpsired by different characters from the series. This promises to be a most entertaining and creative project!
A few words regarding today's outfit. The folks at Some Velvet Vintage were kind enough to send me this beautiful burgandy brocade jumpsuit. I've never seen anything like it before: halter top+corset bodice+wide-leg pants= Marilyn Monroe meets Renaissance princess meets Annie Hall. Seriously, could this item be more exciting? And the color is perfect! I've always been a huge sucker for deep autumnal hues. I don't care if it's spring and we're supposed to be wearing white and candy brights---warm earthy colors will always reign supreme in my wardrobe! If you love this jumpsuit, then you'll j'adore the rest of what Some Velvet Vintage has to offer. While you're shopping, make sure to check out their blog for the latest store updates, as well as the owner's personal blog. She's got positively loads of wonderful inspirational editorials, full of rich color and texture with the perfect blend of theatrical vintage whimsy and raw modern reality.
I wanted to add some contrasting colors to this jumpsuit, but didn't want to overwhelm its unique charm. I decided upon one of my mother's old shirts and my floppy black Jessica Simpson hat (bought two years ago before the floppy hat craze!), giving the outfit a bohemian 1970's vibe. Steering clear of a potentially subtle color scheme, I added this massive turquoise necklace (a lovely $11 NYC street vendor find) along with a plethora of vintage jewels, the mixed metals staying in tune with the hodge podge chicness I wanted to achieve. What could be a better way to finish this off than with my trusty pair of burgandy Talbots pumps? I wish I had time to paint my nails a tealish turquoise but alas I was far too busy.
LuLu's has graciously offered a discount code to readers of PINK CHAMPAGNE. Use the code (letters are case sensitive) PINKCHAMPAGNE between Friday, April 15th and Sunday, April 17th and get 15% off your total purchase of anything on the website. (I'm sorry international readers, this is valid only in the U.S. and Canada.) Happy shopping! Their jewelry and clothes are absolutely drool-worthy and exceedingly affordable. Be sure to check out my feature on their blog, as well as my feature on Elle Beautiful!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment