Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 13 March 2011

Info Post
Vintage hat and jewelry; dress made out of vintage slip and tulle.
Hello, everyone! These pictures are positively ancient! They were taken in the summer of 2009, right before my final year of highschool, for my senior pictures. (The fourth one down was my final senior picture.) Originally, the picture were much warmer-toned, but I decided to change them to something more dark and fashion focused for my blog. It's funny how I was inspired by the ballet of Swan Lake long before this year's Black Swan came out. Proof that I am not jumping on the Black Swan fashion inspiration band wagon!
My outfit basically consited of a vintage slip skirt (worn as a strapless dress) and yards of tulle. (It kept falling down! The people at the park where the shoot was taken were most weirded out.) The white feather hat was procured at a local tea shop that sells hats, and the oversize rhinestone necklace (which I wore for my prom) is an heirloom from my grandmother. The other jewelry items are random vintage finds...I actually ended up using the silver rhinestone broach on the bodice of my costume as part of my prom fascinator! Interesting how one's wardrobe recyles upon itself. That's one of the reason why I love dressing in vintage clothing: it's so reusable! Modern day clothes are usualy made too poorly to be taken apart and used for different purposes.
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment