Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 7 March 2011

Info Post
Miss Ruth's Time Bomb gloves and hat; vintage dress, belt, fur and jewelry; vintage
Doc Martens boots; Dollar Tree tights.
Hello, everyone! (Hmmm it's weird...I seem to start every post with something along the lines of "Hello, everyone!" or "Hello, lovely bloggers!")
This is a little impromptu photoshoot I did with my little sister, Joelee, right before my MBFW trip. I wanted to evoke a childlike dress-up feel but without using typical and tacky items like feather boas and plastic tiaras; something more sophisticated in style and in color scheme. I also wanted to match the hues of the ensemble with the color scheme of the stained glass window, carpet, and wallpaper. (These pictures were taken on the double staircase in my house; it was far too cold and rainy to venture outdoors!)
If I recall correctly, I had just picked up the dress the other day at a thriftstore for a mere two dollars! The style and shape were a little "iffy", but I was immediately drawn towards the peacock-like color scheme, and have always been a huge fan of anything sequined and bedazzled. The striped stockings are from Dollar Tree; I've had them for several years, but never worn them. (I ended up giving them to Joelee at the end of the shoot!) I procured the floral Doc Martens at a yard sale several years ago. Too bad they never fit me! But hey, they were only a dollar. Someday, I hope to find a gorgeous pair of floral Doc Martens for the same price. =D The belt is from my mom's teenage years, and the fox fur stole and strands of pearls (worn around the neck and as a bracelet) are random second-hand finds. I got the glamorous gold gloves at retro fascinator at Miss Ruth's Time Bomb, and the earrings (to which Joelee kindly reffered as "oversized metallic hearing aides" ;) ) are from a jewelry shop downtown.
I have several more outfit pictures of myself awaiting posting, plus a gorgeous new shoot I did with Joelee today! I can't wait to show you them!
By the way (not going into details), but the boy thing did work out! Thank you all for your support. =)
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment