Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 17 August 2011

Info Post
 Target jeans; vintage blouse, boots, accessories and jewelry.
It's a common misconception that heartbreak occurs exclusively within a romantic relationship. Love, anger, hurt, betrayal, and breakup run rampant in even the most unsexual and unromantic of friendships. 
Maybe it's just me, but it seems as if society fails to adequately recognize this type of drama. Subsequently, this type of turmoil is actually more hurtful and damaging than the typical romantic strife. We've been conditioned to expect a roller-coaster of emotions, conditions, and breakups when it comes our relationship with a lover. However, when these types of things happen with a friend, it can come as a jarring shell-shock of disappointment with the same side effects (personal doubts, insecurities, hopelessness, and depression) seen in romantic breakups.
I wish I was discussing this topic simply out of casual philosophical desire. Unfortunately, such ramblings directly pertain to my current personal ongoings. Ironically enough, this situation was actually caused by a friend's disagreement and disapproval regarding my romantic decisions of late. Many of us will never realize that a severed friendship can pierce the heart far deeper than ever could a severed romance. 
Now is when I abruptly jump from sharing with you my spectacular psychological insight to yodeling about my clothes. To read my blogspots, you'd think that I was some horrible writer, unable to smoothly transition from one topic to another (coming from an English major, no less!). I guess I've always just regarded blogging as more of a personal journal-like outlet, hence the random, whatever-pops-into-my-mind-at-the-moment subject change. 
Anyway, this is one of the few outfits on my blog that wasn't premeditated for photo shoot purposes. I had just come home after a jaunt downtown and my sister was in the mood to snap a few pictures of me in our backyard. I've always felt a little "iffy" posting these pictures (they were taken in late April) due to their lack of dramatic wardrobe and composition. But hey, there's nothing wrong with posting a more casual, laidback outfit every once in a while. In fact, fashion blogging is so much more rewarding and real when you're actually posting pictures of actual outfits you've worn, in lieu of ensembles specifically contrived for photo shoots. As the fashion blogging industry expands, bloggers feel the pressure to post more Avant-Garde and uniquely personal material. Sometimes, a few backyard pictures of a "real life" outfit are sufficient.
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela
P.S. I just created a profile on Model Mayhem. Add me!
Don't forget to "like" PINK CHAMPAGNE on Facebook and follow on Twitter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment