Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 19 December 2010

Info Post
Vintage skirt and top; Forever21 shoes and earrings; self-made wreath; Charlotte Russe ring.
Hello, blogger friends! My friend Rebecca took these pictures last Friday. We wanted to go for an ethereal, faerie-tale vibe, inspired by Disney's version of the White Witch (from The Chronicles of Narnia). This is just about as dainty and pale as I can get---magenta skirt and sequins! I thought that the sequined top mirrored the eerie spindly black trees and white snow-covered winter landscape, while the velvet skirt evoked a warm Christmassy spirit, and the unexpected color providing a bit of a spontaneous accent. The earrings reminded me of winter dewdrops or melting icicles, as did the ring, and the wreath had a melodramatic Tim Burton-esque feel of life in the midst of death. (The flowers, albiet pale and discreet, blooming in winter.) The skirt was a thriftstore find; the hem was completely amuck, but the resewing was completely worth it. I got the sequined butterfly top at a different thriftstore, a most wondrous find! I absolutley ADORE butterfly tops, but they're so rare to find in thriftstores, and too expensive for my budget online. The shoes (what you can see of them) were procured from my one-a-year trip to the mall at Forever21. I needed some basic, but not boring, black high heeled pumps, and these were the perfect pair. The earrings are also from Forever21, and I made the baby pink wreath. I got the ring at Charlotte Russe ages ago, and actually wore it to prom this past May. More similar winter-tide pictures to come!
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment