Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 28 December 2009

Info Post






Wearing: vintage jacket and shorts, DIY and vintage jewelry
I'm Back!

Hello everyone! No, I have not died. There have been no family emergancies, no health issues or detrimental crisises. To state it simply, school has been taking over my life. I have been soooo busy with my three AP classes, Precalculus, and numerous extra-curricular Christmas performances and recitals, that I haven't had the time to blog for AGES. Well, it's Christmas break and even though I should techincally be reading "The Bridge at Andau", I have decided to set aside some time and catch up with you lovely bloggers! I have 173 comments to respond to, so I can't guarantee that I'll respond today, but I can assure you that you *will* recive a comment from me in the near future! =)
This photo shoot was taken a couple months ago, back when the trees were glistening gold and orange, instead of covered with a crystalline layer of snow. My friend was kind enough to take them, and I must say that I am very pleased with the results. Thank you, Dexti! The 80's leather zipper jacket was found at the annual yardsale at the local military post for just 5 bucks. I bought it back last May, before 80's leather jackets became a huge rage. Since then, it has become one of the staple pieces in my fall and winter closet. I bought the shorts at Salvation Army. I almost didn't get them-they were kind of iffy. I love the colorful, watersilk print, but at the same time I was't 100% ready to sport a pair of baggy knee-length shorts. I am so glad I bought them! I've never seen anything like them. The belt, I got at Fairey Godmothers-60's vintage, I believe. The hair-chain is composed of several elements: a vintage belly dance chain (I actually was given it for free at a random antique store in Florida many years ago) and a cobweb-esque pin purchased at Fairey Godmother's.

Getting down to more recent events: Christmas and my birthday. Christmas was wonderful-I didn't get anything HUGE, but I did recieve many nice little presents; a cloche hat, black leather elbow-length gloves, some jewelry, some hedgehog items (I adore hedgehogs!), a couple of great fashion books, and some $$$ from my grandfather, which will go towards the purchase of my own camera. I love having my younger sister as my (usual) photographer, but I woudl love to try taking my own photographs.

My birthday is coming up this Wednesday. I'm so excited to be seventeen! One more year until my 18th birthday-the Day of Jubilee! I would LOOOOVE to ramble more, but I need to get back to everyone's comments and then work on my book! I will try my best not to be this negletful of my blog-I absolutely enjoy blogland and getting to know all you lovely bloggers. While I might neglect my blog for a few months, I hope to never have to compeltely abandon it.

Belated Christmas wishes, and a Happy New Year!

Mwah! Mwah!
~Adela
Edit: due to the recent knowledge that a certain relative who loves to tattle tail would be reading this I am going to skip the "other great occurrence in my life" and just say: "I LOVE CUCPAKES!!!"
Edit: PINK CHAMPAGNE IS NOW ON FACEBOOK!!!! JOIN OUR GROUP AND SUPPORT THE BLOG!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment