Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 29 January 2012

Info Post
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
 Atomic Warehouse vintage cape, dress, and earrings; Target gloves; Marjorie's Gems vintage beaded orange necklace and gold lion pendant; vintage fur stole and hat.
I had such a lovely time working with Tom and Keidi on these pictures! They are an adorable couple who indecently met through their work, and have been taking gorgeous photos together ever since. It was so much fun collaborating with them on these pictures, and I hope to produce many more shoots with them in the near future. You can see more of their work on their website and individual Facebook pages.
You may wonder why I have such a penchant for fashion related to the Russian Revolution of 1917 (as witnessed in these two previous posts). Perhaps it's my love of all things exotic, bright, and furry, or perhaps it more importantly falls back on a personal story of my own Eastern European heritage. 
My father and his parents, all full-blooded Hungarians, escaped from Hungary following the 1956 Hungarian Revolution. My grandfather was heavily immersed in anti-Communist politics; he had already served a total of seven years in a Communist concentration camp prior to the Revolution. After being released from prison, my grandfather was a core activist (known as a "Freedom Fighter") in bringing about the demise of Communist rule in Hungary. Nine short days later, Soviet reinforcements were sent to put down the Revolution, and my grandfather was "blacklisted", ordered to be shot on sight. Risking their lives, my grandparents fled with my six year-old father to the safe haven of Austria, where they then traveled to the United States. 
It's the least I can do to celebrate their efforts in my art.
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment