Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 17 January 2012

Info Post
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Vintage Atomic Warehouse ring; vintage Whiting&Davis necklace; thrifted early 1980s dress; vintage hat and belt.
I apologize once again for the long hiatus in posts. Technical difficulties, again!
As always, I am busy, but my plate is filled with good things. Studying for exams (I'm such a nerd), getting ready to visit my friend in Pittsburgh, coordinating photo shoots left and right, and keeping busy with my work at Atomic Warehouse
The last of these is what I'd like to highlight in this blog post: tomorrow will mark six months (half a year!) of my involvement with Atomic Warehouse. After hearing rave reviews and exciting stories about this lovely vintage establishment, I came here with a friend in July to do some major damage to my wallet. After picking out half a dozen remarkable treasures, the owner, Steve, gave me a surprisingly good deal, and even offered to show my friend and me some cool items (not yet in the shop) on the third floor of Atomic.
This is when I knew I had to work here. I asked Steve to contact me if he ever needed any extra help, and two days later, (wearing a lime green petticoat and new found Atomic earrings) I was redressing mannequins and arranging furniture. Working here isn't always so glamorous (i.e. spending a week moving the contents from the first floor onto the second floor in preparation for September's flood), but it's well worth it in the end. Over time, Steve graciously appointed me "Creative Director" (a.k.a., Queen Bee), resulting (so far!) in the improvement and beautification of the clothing section, window displays, and first floor interior design.
It's such a blessing to work here. I've met some lovely people and experienced some amazing opportunities. Thank you Steve for letting me utilize Atomic for photo shoots, giving me great deals on vintage finds, taking me to that Social Distortion concert, and being a great boss and wonderful friend! You are an amazing person and I hope to work with you for many more years to come!
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment