Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 31 July 2009

Info Post



Wearing a vintage romper, hat, jewelry and bag, Papaya leggings, thrifted belt, and Jessica Simpson shoes.
Hello, everyone! With my mono, I guess you'd think that I'd have a ton of extra time to blog, right? These past few weeks, I've been SOOO busy! My computer kept randomly turning on and off, so it had to go to the shop for repairs for a week. I've also been doing a lot of summer reading for my AP classes, and my dear mom was kind enough to drive to several thriftstores, since she thought I was too weak to walk anywhere. So, I was able to go to even bigger and better Salvation Armies, than the ones within walking distance from my house. Yay! Can't wait to show you all my new thrifting finds! Today, I'm headed off to an art opening in the evening, followed by an open house and a sleepover. I will post pictures of my outfit! (currently planning on wearing a black 80's stretch dress with hot pink tights, gold shoes, and a wreath of flowers) Oh, some good news! The Harrisburg newspaper, the Patriot is doing a back-to-school fashion article. They contacted Miss Ruth's Time Bomb and wanted to do a photo shoot using accessories from the shop, and real-life highschool girls with unique personal style. Well, the owner of the Time Bomb (we've become great friends over the past year!) called me up, and I had my interview with the Patriot yesterday. It was so nice to be able to talk to someone about fashion and vintage clothing, and to get some tips for my future career in journalism. The reporter asked for some pictures of my outfits, so I gave her the link to my blog, and she liked it so much that she forwarded the link to the Teen Vogue Fashion Director, Gloria Baume (who was also featured in the back to school fashion article), and she said that she would check out my blog sometime next week! I'm so excited!
Oh, I've also been thinking about changing the content of my ramblings here. I've been looking over my posts, and everything I've written lately sounds so depressed and boring. That's not who I am, and it dosn't fit in with the vibe of my blog. Rambling is fine, but I should start rambling on about more interesting subjects. My whole life is practically dedicated to fashion, and it seems really hypocritcal that I don't talk much about it on here.One of my greatest obscessions of late has been the romper. I've owned and loved rompers for over a year now. What origionally started off as an innocent infatuation had turned into a full-fledged love affair. I currently now own 14 lovely rompers in all different styles and variations. As of last week, I discovered the magical wonders behind the fanny pack. My friend, Sarah, co-owner of Miss Ruth's Time Bomb had been talking about their creative ability in an outfit, and though dubious of looking like an old lady, I decided to trust my friend's wonderful fashion sense and buy a fanny pack. I had barely strapped the fanny pack around my waist, when a thrill of happiness surged through my fashion veins. I put on the fanny pack last week, and haven't been able to take it off since. (In case you're wondering, the above pictures were taken before my discovery of the fanny pack.)
Mwah! Mwah!
~Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment