Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 27 September 2010

Info Post

Wearing: thrifted romper, vintage shirt, Target gloves, thrifted shoes, vintage/DIY jewelry.
     Hello, lovely bloggers! This is what I wore my first day of being "ungrounded". I wanted to go for a look that was glamorous: sophisticated yet simultaneously playful. The denim suspender overalls (the title of this post refering to Kate Bush's song) were bought at a whim at Salvation Army. I had been wanting to try cropped overalls for a while, but was busy searching for rompers and nearly didn't purchase these beauties! So glad I did! The golden mustard brocade button down is a hand-me-down from my mom. The black leather gloves were a Christmas gift from Target last year, and I bought the rust colored pumps at Salvation Army as well. The purse is from a vintage clothing store, and the jewelry is composed of various yardsale/thriftstore/antique store finds. The long dangly gold pendant is actually vintage Givenchy; I got it at a yardsale for $0.50 (!!!!) I had been wanting some oversized gold 60's earrings for a long time now, and actually made these myself out of some old purse hardware, random vintage chains, and gold buttons.
     My beehive hairstyle was inspired by Beth Jones of B. Jones Style. Check out her hair tutorials-they are awesome! I've always associated most actual hairstyles with the crazy 90's looks, but Beth's ideas have changed my mind. She is absolutely right about hair being your cheapest accessory. A topknot, beehive, side ponytail, or curls can instantly change and improve an otherwise blah outfit. So even if you're not one to experiment with her tresses, I would urge you to try out at least one of Beth's tutorials. You won't regret it!
     Instead of just posting photoshoots on here, I'm going to be doing more outfit posts. As much as I would love to post a photoshoot twice a week, I don't have enough time to do that. So hopefully every other post will be more editorial, with the posts in between more fashion and outfit-focused. What do you all think about that?
     Question of the Day: What is your favorite hairstyle?
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

P.S. Don't forget to VOTE FOR ME in the Talbot's denim contest! All it takes is one little Facebook like. I appreciate each vote so much! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment