Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 10 May 2009

Info Post




Wearing a vintage romper, belt, shoes, hat and jewelry with Dollar Tree tights.
Aren't these pictures reminiscent of the Brooke Shields film, "Pretty Baby"? Don't get me wrong, I'm not in search of becoming a child whore, but I have to admit that I adore Violet's style! =) I love how she combines the simplicity of the white dress with the bold pattern of the textured flower hat.
These past few days have been SO busy! Thursday, I had my AP Lit exam, which went surprisingly smooth, and I actually enjoyed it, though it did mark the final end of my online AP lit class. I'm really going to miss my literature class, the time with those classmates, and but especially the time with my wonderful teacher. In books, they always say how a character is influenced by a teacher: I'd never thought that was true until I had to leave this class. =( Waah! I wish I could rewind time and retake her classes again. (Love you, Mrs. I., if you're reading this!)
After my exam, R and I went to Fairey Godmother's, where I bought a number of items: a hippie maxi dress, a Lolita-esque dress, a studded belt, and a blue ring.
I was tagged by the lovley Vanessa of MITICA:
What is your current obsession ? Vintage clothing!
What are you wearing today? A white and sherbert maxi dress from the 60's with patent leather stripper shoes and lots of bangles.
What's the last thing you bought? Well, I got three pairs of earrings on store credit, if that counts.
What are you listening to right now ? Cars going by my house.
What's your favorite decade for vintage clothing? The 20's, 50's and 60's.
What do you think about the person who tagged you ? Vanessa is the perfect combination of a talented, budding young fashion desginer and a unique trendsetter-her blog is so inspirational!
If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be? My house would be a replica of Versailles, set in the mysterious forests of Transylvania, or perhaps the rolling slopes of Ireland.
What's your must have piece for summer? ROMPERS!!!!
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Dracula's castle. Or Versailles.
Which language do you want to learn ? Gaelic and Hungarian.
What's your favorite quote ? "Let them eat cake!"~Marie Antoinette
Who do you want to meet right now? Coco Chanel, Marie Antoinette, Count Dracula, Queen Mab, and all you lovely bloggers out there!
What is your favorite color ? Pink and green, accented with gold, is the best color combination in the world.
What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own closet ? My vintage 50's salmon-pink tulle prom dress.
What is your dream job ? To become an iconic actress; as well known for her marvelous acting abilites as her sense of fashion. Or to actually write and publish a novel. Or to become the next Kate Bush.
Any favorite model ? Ali Michael, though I do love Ikeline Stange's eclectic sense of fashion.
Favorite designer ? Nina Ricci, Rodarte, John Galliano, and Chanel.
What do you consider a fashion faux pas? The whole neon thing.
Do you admire anyone's style ? I love Keira Knightley, Mary-Kate Olsen and Katy Perry.
Describe your personal style ? ECLECTIC: Rococo romantic meets vintage fashionista.
What are you going to do after this ? Respond to all your lovely comments from my last post!
What would you love to see come back in fashion ? Vintage hats, and floral-print tights.
What is your favourite film? Oh, crappity dappity, that's a hard one. LOTR, maybe?
Whose style do you prefer: Audrey Hepburn's or Marilyn Monroe's? Audrey Hepburn's

The rules :1. Respond and rework; answer the question on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, add more one question of your own.
2. Tag eight other people
I TAG: yiqin, Pansieberry, Olive the Brace, dapperkid, frockaroundtheclock, Catherine, Elizabeth Victoria C. and MissPeanutty of the legendary, and much talked-about Miss Ruth's Time Bomb.
Mwah! Mwah!
~Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment