Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 29 October 2010

Info Post
Have you ever woken up in the morning without a clue what to wear? I know that this has happened to me plenty of times, usually resulting in a haphhazardly-thrown-together ensemble. Even the most creative of fashion bloggers need an occassional boost of organization to their daily outfit planning in order to look their absolute finest. You're probably thinking "OK, so how am I supposed to solve this problem? Do you have any real suggestions or solutions to a lack of outfit planning?" The answer is, I do! To be more precise, Beth Jones, of B. Jones Style (you may remember my earlier reference to her hair tutorials), has a solution to this problem via her nifty little outfit-planning book called STYLIT. As she explains in this post, "STYLIT is a daily fashion planner that is designed to help you plan your day, week and month with personal style in mind." Each STYLIT contains a personal style page, month at a glance calendars, seasonal inspiration pages, and a daily outfit planning format. In this post, I'd like to take a peek into my own STYLIT, which Beth ever so kindly sent me.
        
This is my personal style page, where I can jot down various inspirations, fashion icons, and style descriptions. Initially, it may sound cheesy trying to define your style with a pen and paper, but trust me, it is well worth your while to have a physical document of what makes you "you". Stumped for something to wear to a last minute party? Simply flip to this page and think "What would [fill in your favorite fashion icon] wear?"
I cheated on my inspiration page! Instead of pasting pictures and magazine clips into the STYLIT itself (I was paranoid about them accidently falling out as I carried my STYLIT on walks), I composed an entire inspiration bulletin board. Whether you collage your inspiration images in the STYLIT itself or choose a larger alternative canvas, it's a great way to have all your visual inspirations in one place. (It also doubles up as an avant-garde piece of wall art!)

Here, you can see a week of my outfits. I'm a pretty visual learner, so I decided to draw my outfits directly onto my little STYLIT girl. This page is uber conveniant because it also includes little daily "to-do" lists. The following pictures depict close ups of several of my STYLIT-planned outfits, followed with their real-life outcomes.
OUTFIT #1.


OUTFIT #2.
(As you can see, the real-life version of the second outfit bears a few little accessory changes in comparison to the origional STYLIT rendition, although it retains the same basic structure and fashion vibe.)
OUTFIT #3.
(By the way, all three of these outfits will be featured in later blog posts, along with additional pictures.)
Are you lusting for your own STYLIT now? Pick one up quick on Beth's Etsy page. $25 for a year of calm, organized fashion zen? Definatly a must-have!

Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment