Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 29 March 2012

Info Post
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
 Atomic Warehouse belt; Charlotte Russe pumps; vintage dress and jewelry.
Good morning, lovelies! I hope the fresh spring tide season is treating you well. I've experienced a big "spring awakening" (lame pun to previous post) and have been running around doing a million different things and preparing for a millions different projects. I do not exaggerate such craziness. My heart is bursting to share with you these ongoing secrets, but alas and alack these red lipsticked lips must remain sealed! 
Concerning these photos, I must say I truly adore this dress. There's an interesting story behind its acquisition into my wardrobe. I originally saw this number years ago at a vintage clothing store, but at that point in my life the length was too intimidating and my fourteen year-old figure was a tad bit small for said frock's womanly style. Every time I revisited the little shop I would loving eye the dress, regretfully acknowledging that it wasn't a good match yet secretly praying for the day I would fit perfectly in its purple depths. Years went by, and the vintage store closed. Last month, I happened across a completely different vintage clothing store and, lo and behold, there was my dress! Apparently, they had bought out the first store's inventory, equaling a very happy Hope Adela. This is a truly amazing piece. The figure hugging bodice, the flowing skirt, the unique color=LOVE. It's so wonderful when you find a piece of clothing that screams your name in every way possible.
On top of that, this dress is pretty much a carbon copy of what Juanita de Cordoba wears in Alfred Hitchock's 1969 Topaz. (I started drooling after this dress the minute it appeared on screen.)
Inspiration for this outfit came from my beautiful and magical blogger friend Chromium Dumb Belle. This lady is a true gem of fashion and art---a must-see for any creatively minded person! 
I have to credit the hairstyle to my mother. She's been rocking the side bun since age 20. A 'do that occasionally made me cringe as a young teenager, I'm now following in her footsteps. Like mother, like daughter!
Newsflash: I've recently acquired some amazing jewelry (hello, polka dot bakelite and turquoise squash blossom necklace)...can't wait to share photos! 
Ohh, and a big shout out to all my new followers and friends! I recently became in contact with Sammy Davis of Sammy Davis Vintage. A fellow Pennsyltuckian, her bright and cheerful personality is as fabulous as her chic sense of style. This girl is all about "spreading the vintage love"...check out her blog and do likewise!
Photos by Steve Stoltzfus of 911 Photographics.
Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela 

0 comments:

Post a Comment