Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 17 July 2012

Info Post

Hope Adela is wearing: 
Atomic Warehouse vintage hat, purse, and sunglasses; Charlotte Russe shoes; vintage gloves, bangles, and earrings.
Sammy Davis is wearing: 
Vintage necklace, earrings, and purse (loaned by stylist Carrigan Macrae); thrifted vintage gloves; parasol from China Town NYC; 1964  gifted magazine from Yellow Daisy Retro; Yoki Shoes.
Good afternoon, fellow bloggers! I've been itching to publish this post for a couple of weeks now. I'm proud to announce a tri-collaboration between Sammy Davis Vintage, Stop Staring!, and myself!
I met Sammy Davis a few months ago through a local vintage clothing store. Born and raised in central Pennsylvania, this fellow vintage lover is making it big in New York City, "spreading vintage love" where ever she goes. Her abundance of energy and pure love for life are only a handful of the qualities that make her a truly exceptional and lovely person, inside and out. When Sammy contacted me last month in regard to working with Stop Staring!, I couldn't refuse such an exciting invitation!
 Made in the good ol' U.S.A., Stop Staring! produces exquisite vintage reproductions, perfect for the inner vintage loving bombshell in you. Sported by dozens of celebrities (Zooey Deschanel and Dita von Teese, to name a few!), it's no wonder that this chic clothing company is taking over the current retro pinup scene. One of the reasons I love Stop Staring! is due to their focus on classic elegance and vintage authenticity. Slip on one of their beautiful cocktail dresses, and you'll look like you've stepped straight from the pages of a mid-century Vogue magazine!
Stop Staring! has kindly sent Sammy and me their Summer Flower Dress. (Don't you just love the sleek form-fitting shape and fantastic pattern? I know I do!) As you can see in the above pictures, Sammy and I are both rockin' this colorful Stop Staring! number in manners unique to our personal style preferences. Sammy is wearing her Summer Flower Dress with breezy cork sandals, a vintage straw bag, and a charming floral parasol---a vision of fresh summer beauty! I decided to pair my Summer Flower Dress with unexpected zebra-print stilettos, a jaunty vintage zebra hat, and snazzy cat-eye shades.
 Being the vintage blogger friends we are, Sammy and I couldn't be more excited to engage in friendly fashion combat. Stop Staring! has not only graciously gifted us with these gorgeous frocks, but they're also hosting an exciting style challenge between Sammy and myself. Click on the "vote" button below, and you'll be taken to the Stop Staring! blog where you can let us know what you think of our looks by voting!
Let the games being, and may the odds be ever in your favor!
 Mwah! Mwah!
~Hope Adela

0 comments:

Post a Comment